There were a few things that I really enjoyed using this month.
1. Glamglow Thirstymud hydrating treatment – This product is really, surprisingly great. I’m not sure what I was expecting of it, but whenever I think of a facial treatment, I think of a thick, sticky, messy substance that feels like mud. This is actually just a truly lightweight product that just glides onto your skin. It is slightly sticky, but I have been able to sleep with it on my face without fear of it messing up my sheets. The bonus is it really makes my skin feel super soft and hydrated. I tend to get really dry patches of skin around my nose and eyebrows and a patch here and there on my cheeks. I have not had any issues since I started using this. The first week that I used it, I was also using a sample of a DIOR serum which I was also enjoying (but at $145 price tag, I am to afraid to bite the bullet on that one). After that was out, I was only using the Glamglow, so I really feel that this is a really good product for my skin.
2. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Granite – Filling in my eyebrows is a completely new regime for me. I have pretty thick brows, but they taper off at the ends. Well, this really helps me get both of them to look somewhat similar without looking like I took a marker to my brows. It can be as subtle or as strong as you want it to be.
3. Great Lash clear mascara/brow gel – This helps to keep my brows in place after using my brow wiz. I had previously been using the Milani brow wax pencil, but it tends to make my brows itchy. The Great Lash brow gel has worked wonderfully. My brows still feel and look soft, but stay perfectly in place all day.
4. Hourglass ambient lighting blush in diffused heat – This has pretty much been the blush I have worn all summer. It really does give a radiant glow to the cheeks. It just give a light color to my cheeks with a little bit of glow. It’s not glittery or sparkly, it just has a slight shimmer that looks perfect in the sunlight.
5. Victoria Secret’s Endless Sunset lotion and body spray – The last thing I needed this summer was more fragrances, but when V.S. had their semi-annual sale, I just had to stop in and look. Anything named summer, sunset, moonlight, etc. is going to draw my attention. So this set was calling my name. It smells amazing. It’s got a slight coconut smell, but not as strong as my second favorite of the summer which is Oahu by Bath and Body Works. Oahu can be a little stronger than I like, but Endless Sunset is perfect. I can use both the lotion and spray without feeling like I am going run people off with the overpowering scent.
Summer is winding down, but I am really enjoying these few items this summer. August is here, which is my birthday month, so I plan on enjoying it to the fullest. I plan to enjoy the shorts, sunshine, and beaches all month long.
Talk to you all soon.