I had been looking at this product all summer long, but would not purchase it since I already had a shimmer brick which seemed similar and the NYX Radiant Finishing Powder. Well, the later broke into pieces in my purse so that gave me the perfect excuse to purchase this sweet item, so I bit the bullet and headed to the Bobbi Brown counter in Macy’s at Town Center Mall. I was not disappointed!
I had been swatching this on my hand, but never would put it on my face because honestly I think I would have purchased it long ago if I had. This product looks beautiful on. It’s not as shimmery as the shimmer book, but rather just makes you look like a bronzed goddess. A co-worker commented that I was glowing, and that made me very happy. Since the color that I purchased for this is Bronze Glow, I achieved the look that I was going for.
Here are my beauty favorites for the month of August (late I know).
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage airbrush foundation. The color that I use of this is Rich Sand. I bought this last summer and fell in love with it, but didn’t use it much in the winter since my skin was a little dryer. I really love buffing this in with the buffing brush that is sold for it.
2. Nyx blush in dessert rose. I am a little bit blush crazy so I have a ton to choose from. This one is so pretty on. I just dab my brush in it a little bit since it is so pigmented and lightly brush it on my cheeks. It gives me a perfect flush.
3. Anastasia Amreezy eye shadow pallet – Ack! These colors are so beautiful, I can’t stand it. I am obsessed. As you have previous read, this is a brand new buy and I have worn colors in this pallet every day in August. I have not worn the darker colors much, but I’m sure I will be using them in the fall.
4. Bobby Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Beach honey – I use this as a base for my eye shadow although it is very pretty on its own.
5. YSL Volupte in Sheer Candy – This is just so moisturizing and gives me the perfect ting of red on my lips. It has been my go to all summer long, really. I never have to worry about being to heavy handed with it.
6. I did not include this in the picture above for some odd reason, but the nail polish combination of Deborah Lippman’s Boom Boom Pow and Butter London’s Tea with the queen is the only thing I had on my nails this August. I will have to take a picture and post it as a nail of the day, but I can’t get over how in love I am of these two.
I was reminded via Bobbi Brown Cosmetic’s twitter that it was National Lipstick Day. I don’t own a lipstick by her makeup line, but I hope to remedy that someday with those beautiful art sticks, but here is what I am wearing today. Josie Maran’s Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating lipstick in Berry Bliss. This is one of my favorites because I can just slather it on and it never gets to heavy.