As you have read, I have been experiencing a lot of drama this past few months, so here are a few things that I have learned the hard way.
- People use the word “love” so haphazardly. I wonder if they even know the meaning of it.
- Many people want to see you fail even if they won’t say it out loud.
- Some people only believe in helping others if there is something in it for them.
- Family will betray you.
- Everyone likes a bit of drama as long as they can watch from the sidelines.
- Do not do business with family. This is something that I had always known, but failed to follow through on. Twice.
- Even though it’s hard, don’t stoop to a negative person’s level.
- Try not to hate. I really see why people can get violent now, but really try to stay above that.
- Pray, meditate, exercise….whatever. I’ve had to find things to keep my mind off of everything. Not as bad as when my mom passed and I could only sleep with the t.v. on so that I would stop thinking so much about it..but on a smaller scale.
- Don’t dwell on the past or the would have, should haves. Take the situation for the lesson that it was and try no to repeat it.
This is not uncommon for me, but today I have been feeling a little bit stressed. I’m more than a little overwhelmed with work and school. I’m sure that it is partially my procrastination issue, but also my need to please everyone. I need some excellent coping tactics. Maybe I just need a vacation! I have one coming up. I am hoping that will help with this exhausted feeling.
How do you handle stress? My doctor once told me that I didn’t handle stress well. She’s right. Most of the time when I have to much going on and to many demands on me, I want to just abandon everything. I used to go to a private area and cry for about ten minutes, but I have stopped doing that. It never worked anyway.
So, what to do? I usually just take a few breaths to try to calm myself down. I tell myself to stop over-reacting and just take a minute to do something unrelated to the thing that is causing me stress. Sometimes, I eat sweets (definitely not the best solution for me).
Anyway, it’s a work in process. I’m still trying to figure out how to become that calm, cool, and collected person that I would like to be. It’s right up there on my list to become extremely smart and successful.
Talk to you all soon……..
This week I have been thinking about this saying. I have just realized that there is also a book based on this saying/theory. I have been trying to practice doing this during the week. There seems as if there is so much going on that I am just trying to concentrate on one thing at a time and don’t let the little things overwhelm me. I’m sure there will be huge hiccups in life that I will have to concentrate on more!