With the fall season finally here, I have purchased two fall lip colors. Normally in the fall, I have always stuck to reds, but I have been loving two new colors. Mac’s Lingering Kiss (top photo) which is from their A Novel Romance collection and also a new find from Bite Beauty’s new Matte Creme lip crayon in Cognac(bottom photo). I have taken a picture with both colors on and swatched them next to each other. Enjoy!
I had been looking at this product all summer long, but would not purchase it since I already had a shimmer brick which seemed similar and the NYX Radiant Finishing Powder. Well, the later broke into pieces in my purse so that gave me the perfect excuse to purchase this sweet item, so I bit the bullet and headed to the Bobbi Brown counter in Macy’s at Town Center Mall. I was not disappointed!
I had been swatching this on my hand, but never would put it on my face because honestly I think I would have purchased it long ago if I had. This product looks beautiful on. It’s not as shimmery as the shimmer book, but rather just makes you look like a bronzed goddess. A co-worker commented that I was glowing, and that made me very happy. Since the color that I purchased for this is Bronze Glow, I achieved the look that I was going for.
Talk to you all soon
I picked up this eye shadow pallete a couple days ago. The color of the shadows were really pretty. The metallic finish is not to shimmery and just looked so creamy. I’ve only worn them once so far, and I still need a more time to evaluate whether I like it. I do like the colors, but they are not as pigmented as I thought they would be. They also have a little bit of fallout. I may try them out wet as I think that may have much better results than wearing them dry. I think I will try that and report back.
Talk to you all soon.
Here are my beauty favorites for the month of August (late I know).
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage airbrush foundation. The color that I use of this is Rich Sand. I bought this last summer and fell in love with it, but didn’t use it much in the winter since my skin was a little dryer. I really love buffing this in with the buffing brush that is sold for it.
2. Nyx blush in dessert rose. I am a little bit blush crazy so I have a ton to choose from. This one is so pretty on. I just dab my brush in it a little bit since it is so pigmented and lightly brush it on my cheeks. It gives me a perfect flush.
3. Anastasia Amreezy eye shadow pallet – Ack! These colors are so beautiful, I can’t stand it. I am obsessed. As you have previous read, this is a brand new buy and I have worn colors in this pallet every day in August. I have not worn the darker colors much, but I’m sure I will be using them in the fall.
4. Bobby Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Beach honey – I use this as a base for my eye shadow although it is very pretty on its own.
5. YSL Volupte in Sheer Candy – This is just so moisturizing and gives me the perfect ting of red on my lips. It has been my go to all summer long, really. I never have to worry about being to heavy handed with it.
6. I did not include this in the picture above for some odd reason, but the nail polish combination of Deborah Lippman’s Boom Boom Pow and Butter London’s Tea with the queen is the only thing I had on my nails this August. I will have to take a picture and post it as a nail of the day, but I can’t get over how in love I am of these two.
Talk to you all soon.
Yes, I had to do it. I was watching one of my favorite youtubers this morning and she was showing this pallet in her video and I just had to have it. Honestly, I don’t own a pallet with these colors in it. Most of my pallets are neutral, but I wanted this one specifically for the caramel and morocco colors. They are beautiful. I have included swatches in the picture. When I first saw the color Iridescent purple, it reminded me of my Urban Decay color Asphyxia. I will have to swatch these colors next to each other to see how or if they are very different. After swatching Iridescent purple, I think Asphyxia may be brighter, but we will see. I can’t wait to try a few one of two shadow looks with these colors. Since, I did not buy myself a birthday gift last week, I will use that as my excuse for this purchase!
Talk to you all soon.
There were a few things that I really enjoyed using this month.
1. Glamglow Thirstymud hydrating treatment – This product is really, surprisingly great. I’m not sure what I was expecting of it, but whenever I think of a facial treatment, I think of a thick, sticky, messy substance that feels like mud. This is actually just a truly lightweight product that just glides onto your skin. It is slightly sticky, but I have been able to sleep with it on my face without fear of it messing up my sheets. The bonus is it really makes my skin feel super soft and hydrated. I tend to get really dry patches of skin around my nose and eyebrows and a patch here and there on my cheeks. I have not had any issues since I started using this. The first week that I used it, I was also using a sample of a DIOR serum which I was also enjoying (but at $145 price tag, I am to afraid to bite the bullet on that one). After that was out, I was only using the Glamglow, so I really feel that this is a really good product for my skin.
2. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Granite – Filling in my eyebrows is a completely new regime for me. I have pretty thick brows, but they taper off at the ends. Well, this really helps me get both of them to look somewhat similar without looking like I took a marker to my brows. It can be as subtle or as strong as you want it to be.
3. Great Lash clear mascara/brow gel – This helps to keep my brows in place after using my brow wiz. I had previously been using the Milani brow wax pencil, but it tends to make my brows itchy. The Great Lash brow gel has worked wonderfully. My brows still feel and look soft, but stay perfectly in place all day.
4. Hourglass ambient lighting blush in diffused heat – This has pretty much been the blush I have worn all summer. It really does give a radiant glow to the cheeks. It just give a light color to my cheeks with a little bit of glow. It’s not glittery or sparkly, it just has a slight shimmer that looks perfect in the sunlight.
5. Victoria Secret’s Endless Sunset lotion and body spray – The last thing I needed this summer was more fragrances, but when V.S. had their semi-annual sale, I just had to stop in and look. Anything named summer, sunset, moonlight, etc. is going to draw my attention. So this set was calling my name. It smells amazing. It’s got a slight coconut smell, but not as strong as my second favorite of the summer which is Oahu by Bath and Body Works. Oahu can be a little stronger than I like, but Endless Sunset is perfect. I can use both the lotion and spray without feeling like I am going run people off with the overpowering scent.
Summer is winding down, but I am really enjoying these few items this summer. August is here, which is my birthday month, so I plan on enjoying it to the fullest. I plan to enjoy the shorts, sunshine, and beaches all month long.
Talk to you all soon.
I was reminded via Bobbi Brown Cosmetic’s twitter that it was National Lipstick Day. I don’t own a lipstick by her makeup line, but I hope to remedy that someday with those beautiful art sticks, but here is what I am wearing today. Josie Maran’s Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating lipstick in Berry Bliss. This is one of my favorites because I can just slather it on and it never gets to heavy.